23 March 2011

Sometimes the only way is to Phuket

Lovely day 4 (I think) of our trip. We drove from Ratchabrapa dam 2 hours south to Phuket. Kata beach was where we were going to spend the next two days. Just a few more posts and you'll get rid of me bashing it into your face about how awesome my vacation was. 


We got into Phuket in the late evening. What better way to enjoy our evening than to go out and eat everything we can. That Gin Fizz was delicious.

The morning after was a bit more nutritious. We stayed at the Ibis resort near Kata Beach with complementary breakfast!

Cortni enjoys the "Egg Banana" that I found hidden in the buffet line.
This is my favorite type of bananas

It very well know that Thai are to sometime write in bad grammer. Many people feeling that it is funny, but we think it's same same but different.

We encountered a dried canal that was full of millions of little crabs like these just waving their fat arm around.

This isn't the picture we were going for. Turned out to be the sequel to Portland's fat hands picture.

I'm glad we were able to spend a day on the beach without needs to go anywhere. Just burn from the sun, run to the water, rinse and repeat!

A little PiƱa Colada will start off your day just right.

This is the most Asian I will ever look. Notice how clear the ocean was. It was like swimming in a swimming pool.
Weather was on our side. The day before, it was really rainy and cloudy. That day was amazing for us. 

The only picture we were able to manage together underwater. If you think this is bad, the other 20 or so is worse.

Chicken Thighs and SomTum (Papaya Salad) for lunch at the beach has always been my family's tradition.

I think she does!

Always look up to find the best leaves.

We left the beach on the way to meet my dad. Nothing illegal happening here..

We were so hungry so we stopped for some
Pad-See-Eww (Alberto's favorite)

I wasn't high, I swear.

I thought it would be just another film set, but they were filming at a sea gypsy village (people who are just living pretty much off the ocean). To get to the set, we had to sit in these bikes with sidecars.  I finally for the first time to go sit in these. 

The all too familiar equipment truck. A small Swedish TV Production happening here. 

The village was pretty awesome. Everyone looks a little indigenous, but they all are living like a big family here- with lots of smiles. 

Another familiar sight.

This house had a nice collection of plants on their porch. I did enjoy the shadows and lights coming from the house.

We had dinner with my dad and the crew. It was the first time he's ever met Cortni. He calls her Cod ni  —like the fish. So Cortni's nickname's been Pla Cod (Thai) from then on. We had a great time and I'm glad my dad's got to meet my girlfriend. That is truly the first time my family has ever met anyone I was dating due to me living lightyears away from them the first few years of my teenager years.
We drove home and collapsed. It was a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. heck yes i got a shoutout! still is mty fav, my friend gets mad at me cus i always order it, its not thai food without some pad-see-ewe and more hotsauce then i can handle so then the rest just tastes like spicy

    - Alberto

    ReplyDelete