17 May 2011

New Beginning

What can I really say, a lot of changes happening in my life. I'm in the US to figure out a few things. I really like thinking that I can take three steps forward and take 2.5 steps back, rinse and repeat.

So being here is good. I get to see a lot of my friends, meet new people, and have sometime on my own to figure out which direction my next three steps will be.

The big news is that the girl that I have been dating for close to three years and I have decided to split up. It was a really difficult decisions for both of us. I have no quarrel with her as I will always cherish the memories we have made together. It was great to learn about myself through someone that close to me. Unfortunately, and fortunately, it didn't work out.

I'm doing a lot better though thanks.

It is this speed bump that has made me realize that I need to go out and accomplish what I originally set out to do. My goal to become a director of photography in the film business has never been so clear in my life. It would have been possible with my old life, because I took a lot of inspiration from her, but in my clear mind, I am able to see how each person prioritizes their own life.

Of course I still am a firm believer that in order for me to becoming a cinematographer and share my vision with the rest of the world, I need to learn about them first and foremost. I've set a goal now to be with my parents for one full year, also to save money and prepare for my most adventurous trip ever.

I plan to afterwards go on a round the world trip for a single year. I want to be on the road learning about how people interact in all parts of the world. It's one thing to hear about it and watch it on television and films, but I need to emerge myself into their culture to really understand what people are made of— and to understand what I am made of.

Plans are tentative at the moment, but the new people I've met in the past couple of weeks have really reaffirmed that I can do this and it will be one of the biggest adventures anyone has come upon.

I really want to thank the friends who have helped me in the past week and showed me that I mean something to them. Also to people who have given me a breath of fresh air- a feeling that I haven't felt in a long time- and sincerely, you know who you are, and I truly appreciate your presence in times of changes like this.

I will outline my goals and plans more when I have them more set. I'm excited- and my life has never felt so refreshing. I know you will be there cheering for me, because I'm extremely picky about who I consider friends, and for good reasons, that if you are reading this, or are here in spirit, you are a good friend of mine and I cherish every moment we have created together in the past, with a hope to create more meaningful memories in the very near future.

Cheers, as always,
Pithai. Pete. Whomever you remember me by.

6 comments:

  1. hey, hang in there. you'll have a great time with that trip and learn a lot of new things. i can't wait to read your blogs, journals, whatever else. keep up with the updates when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered you by "The Asian Man", not an asian man, but THE Asian man hahaha

    hope your OK, excited to hear your plans and that youre gonna pursue the DP goal, thats awsome man and excited bout your trip, i hope you find what your looking for, now that you know what it is, i know you will!

    As always no matter where you be we always got your back, and by "we" i mean me and my ego

    - Alberto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nadia+Alberto. I know you guys always have my back. See you in LA soon!

    -Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petato
    You are a very talented and determined. I wish I had the courage to do what you are about to do. The trip will be amazing, and I hope you get what you want out of it. You will succeed, either way. Keep us updated!
    Cosima

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! just came across your blog. N'Pup! you are awesome!
    I'm sure you can make this happen! and dont forget to keep us posted with all your updates na.
    btw, after reading this, you remind me of my Jap friend who travelled the world with bicycle.. have a look at his website if you are interested na...

    http://www.ne.jp/asahi/tao/bintang/ts/index.htm

    ReplyDelete