26 February 2011

Night out!

My brother and I were home alone today so we decided to get pizza.

We didn't want regular pizza from Pizza Hut. We wanted to go big. (Well, more like I wanted to go big but I forced him to as well).

I remember in the heart of Bangkok there is an Italian restaurant on top of a Mini Cooper showroom.

We drove.

Got there a little early for dinner, but we didn't mind. We even got the last of the outside tables.

I ordered the only beer I've ever found to enjoy- Hoegaarden. This was on tap, so double bonus for me!

We ordered a pizza and a pasta plate-- none of which we could remember or pronounce the names of.

It was a real fancy and upscale restaurant. We didn't expect it at all, I'm sure our flipflops were indicative of that. The mood was set right when the candles were lit.

After dessert, we decided to go find Rashada Night Market. It's a night flea market that has antiques and punk+alternative clothes and jewelry.

We didn't know the way but I assured that we can find it.

That doesn't work so well in Bangkok. This was no Logan or Salt Lake City.

After numerous Dead Ends and U-Turns, we did manage to get to it.

We each bought a shirt. The market was lively with live music and interesting looking merchants.
It was a nice night.
Pete

I'm listening to Bright Eyes' The People's Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment