20 June 2011

Nipple icer and the banana weizen madness.

It's not everyday I get to walk in the middle of an open-air market, talking about what someone who used to work at Playboy think was the best job in the world:

The Nipple Icer.

Wow, I didn't realize someone has to do that job— this elevated the whole idea of a monotonous job, day in and day out, to a whole new level. I'm sure it would become a 9-5 job after a few weeks— and he would probably develop of an inherent fear of nipples.


I also found out that there are people out there seriously drinking Beer with Banana Juice. That's an interesting combination.

My couchsurfer and I went to a bunch of standard places I take people.
I mean, those guys really loved each other. 
• JJ Weekend market [ an open air market that sells everything possibly made on earth ]
• Thai Boxing match [ the real kind, no faking, and I know one of the most authentic places to go, even if you don't like boxing, you'll love the vibe ]
• Hua Lamphong [ main train station in Bangkok, with Dutch architecture and lots of old trains ]
• Thai Massage [ best one in the area, and cheapest, I promise ]

Even though I tend to walk/bike/public transit more than most of the people I know, hanging out with someone from Germany has realize that I still don't do it enough. So instead of relying on driving and taxis, we did most of our adventures by walking and buses and trains. It renewed my interest in biking everywhere.

Both of the couchsurfers I have this weekend are really great. They are considerate, fun, and very experienced travelers. I enjoyed hanging out with them and showing them around while getting fresh perspectives on many aspects of life.


At least they reminded me that I owe someone distant a very apologetic letter. I'll get to that soon.


I'm also trying to find new spots in Bangkok and Thailand alike to take some of my friends who might visit Thailand in the near future. Are you coming? Book my couch in the comments!


Pete

5 comments:

  1. You seemed busy hosting and enjoying it. Have you been to Pai, MaeHongSorn? My friends bragged about it. I don't know what it's like now. I went there twice when it was still untouched. There was a guy came up to us and offered my ex's father weed. I was really upset ('coz he didn't offer me). MaeSariang, MaeHongSorn is pretty interesting place. I almost felt like a foreigner there. I swear the local people understood what the Burmese said than what I said. And I barely understood them. It was fun though and I had good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Pai and Maehongsorn, but it's been awhile and I will get back there soon. Hopefully this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss now I can say.... See you in September YAY!!! :D

    ReplyDelete