21 August 2011

Thoughts. Thoughts. Thoughts.

Once in blue moon, I put my random thoughts down, some spontaneous, some thought of throughout the week. 


• Whenever I see a purple marker, I still sniff thinking that it was going to smell like grapes
• One of my most admired cinematographers Roger Deakins (Fargo, Barton Fink, O Brother, Where art Thou, and plenty more..) first gig in the US was shooting Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing Video. How cool is that. 
• I will work to be able to afford a Leica camera. ($7000) (and lenses = $1000+ each).  I'm going to be a cinematographer walking around the set with one of those around my neck. 
• I have to commend my sister for being able to call home and skype everyday. This past few weeks she's skyped home more times than my nine years.
• I guess I was never really homesick.
Noah and the Whale covered Robyn's "Call Your Boyfriend" song is a proper and unexpected wake up slap. 
• I don't really play ukulele in front of other people that often. Definitely not playing it to become really good at it, I'm just playing it so I can occasionally sing by myself. 
• However, I am seriously considering practicing a few tunes so I can busk, maybe in ChiangMai.
• Will famous people of my generation ever have their correspondence with their peers be discovered like the old days? Imagine if history read, "The angry emails between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr led to their duel." That's really lame sounding. We need more letters. Handwritten, because I'm writing a few of my friends regularly but we're limited to long emails. I have to force myself to send letters. 
• I miss news photography work. 
• My car (yet unnamed) drives like a champ-ress. She only rattles in places that I didn't screw the bolts in correctly. 
• Although she's such an attention grabber, it seems like I'm further diminished driving her. 
• Certainly getting looks from people. Half adoring the car, the other half thinking how impractical a vehicle it is in Bangkok. The big steering wheel and her grunt sure sells me though. 
• I'm up to 100+ pushups every other day. Apparently two-thirds of the way to be able to do one hundred pushups straight. 
• Current movie = Sidney Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express. Shot by Geoffrey Unsworth.
• Also learning about past and contemporary cinematographers. I'm learning their names as if they're celebrities. 
• I would like to join my brother at the HuaHin Jazz festival next week, but don't want to ruin his plans with friends. 


Miss you friends, and thanks for reading. 
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment