04 July 2011

Museum visit, meeting a Belarus, Korean bbq.

Today I hosted a girl from Belarus and a guy from England. They were both living in Cypress attending school. Anna and Kam were a joy to meet. They brought me a dessert wine and Kam brought me some art work he's made. Very cool!


We went to the weekend market just to walk around. We tried to go to Thai boxing as well but it was not on today as the national election was going on. Can you believe about 75 percent of people voted? And we still have a crappy government.

Instead we made our way on the skytrain to the Bangkok arts and cultural museum. They wanted to go here and I've never been before.


The place was set up more like a department store. I actually enjoyed a lot of the art here and spent a lot of time wondering why I never came here before. They had these wall murals that were great. My favorite is this one:


Also they have little small rooms that were separate exhibits as well. There was one with a lot of old broadcast equipment. It was wonderful to see some history as well.

We went and met up with my family for some Korean bbq. I was pretty exhausted by that point.

We came home and incredibly Anna and I struck up a chat and even though we were both really tired (and Kam already passed out at this point) we managed to talk and talk about our lives for more than 2 hours. We went through some of my photography during college years and I was a bit sad to walk down the Cortni memory lane. However, it reminded me how much photography I was churning out. Both Anna and I have a passion for photography and both of us seemed to have lost it during the past year. We spent a great deal trying to pick each other's brain to find ways to get back into it.

She talked about the rough year she had and I was feeling the same way. We both share a lot of the enthusiasm for life so when life is a bit unfair, we both are probably a bit surprised. At least we both have figured out how to keep our head above water. It's very comforting to meet Anna. I'm sure we'll remain good friends for time to come.

I miss you all.
Pete Pithai

No comments:

Post a Comment