29 May 2011

Le Mission

Wanting to give my hosts a little bit of privacy, I jumped on the first bus to SanFran. I'm getting a lot better at the Transbay commute. Found my way down Market Street and to the Ferry Building. Got myself a surprise scoop of Ciao Bella gelato (which turned out to be four different flavor in a scoop— she really surprised me!). 
Oh he got me good...
As I walked toward the Fisherman's Wharf, I got scared by one of the bush people. 

Gathered back my nerves, I proceeded with a laughter toward Pier 39. Hot dogs were expensive and the sea lions were creepy, but tourists seemed to love them. 

I just kept walking around and got myself a nice personal Animal Style Fries from In n Out. Jealous eyes all around. 

Got a call from one of the couchsurfers I met the other night. Yomi wanted to hang out. I obliged. Found my way somehow to the Mission District. 


We each got a beer at a semi-outdoor pub. The fries were delicious so I went for one of their sausages. I believe what I ate was called the Wild Boar. Delicious goodness of sausage with sweet onions and jalapeƱos.

One of the cooler venues I've been in. The circumstances
surrounding this concert also added to its awesomeness.
We ran into Yomi's friends Nathan and Mandy. They were on their way to see a show so they invited us. Of course I would go!  Their friend Jeff picked us up across the street and we drove 15 minutes outside the city. Turns out this was a free show at a pretty sweet venue— inside a local brewery called Speakeasy Brewery.  All the drinks were free. I tried their IPA and Porter. Also there I bought a Chicken Waffles Cupcake. It was as odd along the lines of Voodoo Donuts, but it was quite delicious. 

The music was okay. It was time for us to go. Said goodbye to Mandy and Jeff. 

Yum Yum!
Nathan, Yomi and I embarked on another journey, back in the Mission District again. Yomi took us to his place, and made us a drink with oranges, jalapeƱos, and lemons. It was good. I met his roommates. One of them were making what she told me was fudge brownies. I licked the battered spoon clean and found out they were pot brownies. Right on..

We went to the local bar Phonebooth after. Had some sort of PBR+Whiskey special. Played pool. The atmosphere was perfect there +free popcorn. Yomi and I grabbed a safety burrito before bed. I stayed in the city tonight. Had a terrible dream— more like a lot of subconscious thoughts. Woke up and the only song I can think of is...


Pete


3 comments:

  1. A guy I know made pot-choc-chip cookies for a party, and left them in the fridge. His dad came home hungry and ate almost half of those. the DAD ended up in ER... and my friend ended up getting his butt kicked out of the house. He's doing good in this business so far.

    Take care,
    L&C

    ReplyDelete
  2. bush people?? expain!

    - ablerto

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't quite get that high. but i felt it.


    and alberto these guys would hide behind a trashcan and camouflaged themselves and pop out at innocent people to scare them. it's quite a laugh really. jokesters!

    ReplyDelete